I created this resources page with hopes that it would help you in your walk with Christ. The Fly Society is a community of people who aspire to be right along side you on your journey. These tools and people will help you work through any questions you may have. I personally know how joyful but yet frustrating this walk can be sometimes. With all the tools available now a days, it’s rea easy to get overwhelmed. Hopefully this page can be a great resource to you.
I recommend bookmarking it for your own personal reference and convenience. Thanks!
Disclaimer: Please note that even though I have posted some links to some websites and people that I really believe are great resources for Christians, this doesn’t mean that I agree fully with their views. Please use discernment and wisdom when doing your own research, as well as searching the scripture fully to have a greater understanding.
My Most Recommended:
If you look at nothing else on this page, these are the five that you should know about. I find myself recommending these resources again and again, in emails and on podcasts. I use them because they make my life easier, and I’m confident you’ll agree too.
Bible Gateway: Bible Gateway (@BibleGateway & @BibleGatewayApp) is your rich social and personal connection to freely read, research, and reference Scripture on your desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone . . . anywhere; in more than 200 versions and more than 70 languages! Its simple yet advanced searching capabilities allow you to quickly find and compare particular passages in multiple Bible translations based on the keywords, phrases, topics, or Scripture references you have in mind. You’ll be inspired and encouraged – whether reading with your eyes or your ears (audio Bibles) – as you rely on Bible Gateway for all your Bible reading needs.
Who/What is CARM?–CARM a non-profit organization that is run by several people.
What is the mission of CARM? The Mission of CARM is to defend and promote the Christian faith in all areas of life.
Why this site?–The purpose of the site is to equip Christians with the truth, to expose the error of false religious systems, evolution, atheism, secularism, etc., and also to teach apologetics, help Christians defend the faith, and glorify the Lord Jesus.
Bethel TV:Bethel Church is a non-denominational charismatic church that was established in Redding, California as an Assemblies of God congregation in 1954 and broke with the AofG in 2006. The Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry was founded by the church in 1998.
Elevation Church: In Charlotte, North Carolina, is a Southern Baptist multi-site church pastored by Steven Furtick. From 2007 through 2010, Elevation was consistently cited by Outreach Magazine as one of the Top 100 fastest growing churches in the United States. It has been described as “a pop culture-friendly church with an orthodox Christian message”. Elevation has faced criticism over its financial and other practices, and the personal wealth of its senior pastor.
Relevant Magazine: Relevant (often styled as RELEVANT) is a bimonthly Christian lifestyle magazine exploring the intersection of faith and pop culture. Its tagline is “God, life, and progressive culture.” The magazine is published by Relevant Media Group with an average distributed circulation of 70,000 copies.
PrayerMate: PrayerMate helps you be faithful in prayer for the people and causes you care about.
Every day, PrayerMate will select a person or topic that you’ve entered from each of your main categories (perhaps “My family” or “My small group at church”) and show them to you as a series of index cards – then just swipe between them to pray. It brings together prayer points you’ve entered manually, regular updates from a whole host of Christian charities and churches, PDF prayer letters and daily prayer pointers from “Operation World”.
Prayer is one of the greatest privileges for the person of faith, and yet most of us wish we were better at it. Now when you say to someone “I’ll pray for you!” you can make sure you follow it up
- Jeff Bethke: Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus is a viral video created by Christian evangelist Jefferson Bethke, who uploaded his work onto YouTube and GodTube, under the screenname bball1989. The video has thus far received more than 30.1 million views.
Check out Jeff’s video on cussing…
- chaseGodtv: Joseph Solomon is a Texas native raised near Fort Hood, which is a large army base in Central Texas. Joseph is most recognized from the YouTube channel, chaseGodtv, which has attracted millions of views on videos addressing Christian doctrine and application for youth and young adults.
Here’s a video from chaseGodtv
- Jackie Hill Perry: (ex-homosexual) Jackie Hill-Perry is a writer and artist whose work has been featured on The Washington Times, Desiring God, The Gospel Coalition and other online publications. Since being saved from a lifestyle of homosexual sin and the like, Jackie has been compelled to share the light of gospel truth through poems that have reached over one million views on YouTube. She is signed to Humble Beast Records and released her debut album “The Art of Joy” in 2014.
- AJ McQueen: AJ McQueen is the CEO and President of the performing arts company Writer’s Block Inc. The Emcee, Poet, Activist, Author, and Entrepreneur has earned attention and respect for his creative interpretations at offering the world and the youth a chance at hope and real alternatives by way of sparking a challenge to action.
- Joseph Solomon: He travels the country speaking on these topics featured on chaseGodtv, as well as performing poetry and music. He received a bachelor’s degree in Speech Communication from The University of Texas at Tyler, and is a recent resident of Chicago, IL. He has had the privilege of being a speaker and performer at the Legacy Conference Disciple-Making Conference, P4CM’s Rhetoric, the Freedom Tour, and the Poets In Autumn Tour.
- Ezekiel: When the raw truth of the gospel and skillful penmanship collides you get the artistry of Ezekiel, lyrical evangelism. After acknowledging his talents from freestyle battling in high school Ezekiel found himself at a halt. He gave his life to Christ in his second year of college and he realized something had to be done with his gift.
- Janette…IKZ: MissTerious Janette…ikz (pronounced mysterious genetics) is simply a young woman who is in love with Jesus Christ and has decided to use every gift He has given her for His glory. She has been performing music, poetry, and dance for over 15 years. She currently co-owns Zeneith Performing Arts and is an official P4CM POET.
- Joshua Dillard: Joshua Dillard is the owner and creator of The Fly Society Podcast. I’ve had tremendous opportunities to be featured on some great television networks and publications such as Fox, BET, The Houston Chronicle, Sister 2 Sister Magazine, and voted Top 100 Young Professionals in Houston TX in 2015 by Young Houston Magazine. I’m also a recipient of the Volunteer Service Achievement Award from President Barack Obama. Though all of this is great! It doesn’t make me who I am, because when it all boils down to who I am, I’m a husband, a father, and lover of Jesus Christ.
Christian Streaming Music App:
The OverFlow App: To launch the world’s first Unlimited Christian & Gospel subscription music service, we knew we’d need a bigger team, and lots of God’s grace. Bringing a legal and licensed music streaming service to market is not a simple task. We’ve personally and communally spent lots of time in prayer, and many of our “waiting list” members and partners like NewReleaseTuesday.com have prayed as well. We covet your prayers ongoing! Well, in His infinite wisdom, God provided some additional key team members to help bring you this service.
What is the Gospel:
- The gospel is the singularly most important communication of God to man. In Jesus, who is God the Son, we have the revelation of God’s love and sacrifice that saves us from God’s righteous judgment upon sinners.If you are not a Christian and want to know how to be forgiven of your sins and follow Christ or are just curious to know what the Christian gospel is, then this is for you.The Bible tells us what the gospel is in 1 Cor. 15:1-4,
“Now I make known to you brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures . . . “
The Bible says that we are all sinners (Rom. 3:23). This means that we have all offended God. We have all broken His law. Therefore, we are guilty of having sinned. Because of this, we are separated from God (Isaiah 59:2), are dead in our sins (Rom. 6:23, Eph. 2:3), cannot please God (Rom. 3:10-11), and will suffer damnation (2 Thess. 1:9). The only way to escape this judgment is by receiving Christ–by trusting in what Jesus did on the cross (John 14:6, Acts 4:12, 1 Pet. 2:24).
Since we are sinners, we are incapable of removing the guilt of our sinfulness through our own efforts. Gal. 2:21 says, ” . . . if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.” The Law is the do’s and don’t’s of moral behavior. In other words, we can’t become righteous by what we do. Why? Because we are dead in our sins (Eph. 2:3).
This means that since we cannot remove our own sins, God must do it.
Jesus, who is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14, 8:58, Col. 2:9), bore our sins in His body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24). He died in our place. He paid the penalty of breaking the Law of God that should have fallen upon us. He satisfied the law of God the Father by dying on the cross.
It is only through Jesus that we can escape the penalty that God will execute upon all who have broken His holy and perfect law. Do you want to be saved from the righteous judgment of God? If so, if you want to become a Christian and follow God, then you must realize that you have sinned against God and are under His judgment. You must look to Jesus who died on the cross and trust what He did in order for you to be forgiven of your sentence and be saved from the judgment of God. This is accomplished by faith alone in what Jesus has done. You cannot add any human works to what Jesus has done.
Is the Holy Spirit Real?
- The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity. He is fully God. He is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, has a will, and can speak. He is alive. He is a person. He is not particularly visible in the Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus (John 15:26).Some organizations like the Jehovah’s Witnesses say that the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a force (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 406-407). This is false. If the Holy Spirit were merely a force, then He could not speak (Acts 13:2), He could not be grieved (Eph. 4:30), and He would not have a will (1 Cor. 12:11).The truth is that the Holy Spirit is a person the same as the Father and the Son are within theTrinity.
- Check out my blog about on How to keep the Holy Spirit thriving in your LIFE!
Baptism for Salvation?
There is much debate within Christianity as to whether or not baptism is necessary for salvation. I cannot here exhaustively examine this issue, but I can affirm that baptism is not necessary for salvation. The Scriptures teach that justification is by faith (Rom. 5:1). It also teaches that baptism is a necessary result of becoming a disciple of Christ (Matt. 28:18-19). Even 1 Peter 3:21 above says that the baptism mentioned is not one dealing with water but an appeal to God. [carm]
This is a lengthy topic but I think they tackle it pretty well here.
- We were sitting around having a discussion about Christians and dating, then this question came up. Should Christians date multiple people at once? Now we know that dating isn’t in the bible but how does dating look for a christian in the 21st century. Check this episode as we explore this topic.
- Relevant Magazine blog about dating
Good or God by John Bevere:
Over 30 years ago, John and Lisa Bevere met in college. John was a tennis-playing engineering student, and Lisa was a sorority girl. On their very first date, John shared the gospel with Lisa and she gave her life to Christ. Soon after, they got married, and they’ve been happily married ever since.
John and Lisa founded Messenger International in 1990. In over two decades of ministry, their God-entrusted messages have transformed millions of lives worldwide. Recognized globally for their boldness and passion for the Lord, John and Lisa have a heart to see believers not only know the Word but also walk in the fullness of its power.
The Beveres spend much of their time speaking and writing messages that will impart freedom and empower the local church. When they aren’t traveling, they love to spend time at home with their family. They live in beautiful Colorado Springs with their four sons–Addison, Austin, Alec, and Arden–stunning daughter-in-law, Julianna, and three adorable G-babies: Asher, Sophia, and Lizzy.
When Heaven Invades Earth by Bill Johnson:
We moved back to Bethel Church in Redding in 1996 after the leadership there unanimously supported my one condition : I was born for revival and would pursue revival – this was not negotiable.
The outpouring when we started to minister at Bethel began almost immediately, although in seed form, yet grew rapidly and we began to see many healings including multiple cases of cancer healed.
Healings and miracles have become normal today and I rejoice in this.
Many visit Redding weekly, hoping that God will touch them. I am happy to report that many leave well and whole. But many others leave in the same condition in which they came. I refuse to blame God for this, as though He has a purpose in their disease. While Jesus did not heal everyone alive in His time, He did heal everyone who came to Him. His is the only standard worth following.
The Power of Character in Leadership by Myles Munroe:
Dr. Myles Munroe (born April 20, 1954) is the president and founder of the Bahamas Faith Ministries International (BFMI), a Christian growth and resource center that includes leadership training institutes, a missions agency, a publishing company, a television network, radio and Web communications, and a church community. He is chief executive officer and chairman of the board of the International Third World Leaders Association and president of the International Leadership Training Institute. He is the author of 23 books and is a motivational speaker.
(Un)Qualified by Steven Furtick:
Pastor Steven Furtick is the lead pastor of Elevation Church.
He and his wife, Holly, founded Elevation in 2006 with seven other families. Pastor Steven holds a Master of Divinity degree from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
He is also the New York Times Best Selling author of Crash the Chatterbox, Greater, andSun Stand Still. Pastor Steven and Holly live in the Charlotte area with their two sons, Elijah and Graham, and daughter, Abbey.
Jesus is ____ by Judah Smith:
Judah and Chelsea Smith are the lead pastors of the City Church in Seattle, Washington. Judah is a well-known speaker at conferences and churches around the world. His humorous yet poignant messages demystify the Bible and show people who Jesus is in their everyday life.
Prior to assuming the lead pastorate in 2009, Judah led the youth ministry of The City Church for ten years. He has authored several books and is a popular voice on Twitter (@judahsmith).
Judah and Chelsea have three children: Zion, Eliott, and Grace. Judah is an avid golfer and all-around sports fan. He believes the Seahawks are God’s favorite team and is praying for the Sonics to come back to Seattle.
Booking for Events
- If you’d like to book Joshua Dillard, Mike Koya or JJ Lyrik, or the entire Fly Society go HERE.